Sunday, July 3, 2011

Silo


Farmer Phil has told me that I'm not blogging enough and to get my act together!! His best friend Farmer Andrew is also of the same opinion so these next posts are for their benefit - updates on what's happening here on the farm!

The new 300T silo was finished a few weeks ago so here is a photo of it. Apparently there are 2,000 nuts and bolts in the cone alone! It took the builders Grant and Willy 4 1/2 days to build it. We're thinking of ordering another one to be built before harvest so that we have our own small grain storage facility if the big local one we deliver to is filled before we finish our harvest which is what happened last year when we had to fill 10 grain bags.


I'd like to climb to the top of it and get some photos of the farm but it's blowing a howling wind so I wasn't about to do it today!

No comments: