Saturday, March 5, 2011

Framing

I finally got around to getting some prints framed that have been sitting in my sewing room for quite a while just waiting to get zhushed up!

The first one is a paper quilt by Michaela Laurie that my sister Lisa gave me quite a few years ago. It's beautifully made with gold zig-zag stitching and really pretty paper pieces which measure about 1.5cm x 1.5cm. It's very intricate and would be very fiddly to make.

This one was a freebie sent to me by Kajsa from Syko in Finland. I ordered a set of her Christmas postcards last year to make into a Christmas tree shape on the wall. She didn't have one of the designs in stock so she sent me this apple print as a thank you gift. It looks great in my green, cream and red kitchen.

I bought two sets of these prints by Catherine Campbell from My Folklover. One set was for my sister Lisa and the other set was for me to have framed. The prints are called "Sometimes of the Sea" and "Sometimes of the Land". I thought they represented Lisa and I well as she lives at the beach and I live on the farm.

No comments: