Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sewing Time


As a lot of you know, my sister Lisa is an avid sewer, knitter, embroiderer - well, just about everything really!  I, on the other hand, am just a sewer who can create a few bits and pieces.  My work is nowhere near the quality of Lisa's, but I do try!

I made these criss-cross coasters this afternoon for a friend of my parents in law who is turning 70 tomorrow.  I hope she likes them!  They are so quick and easy to make, you should give them a go. 


Jenny B Harris' Allsorts blog is one of my all time favourites.  I copied her sewing studio because I loved it so much.  Red and aqua together looks fabulous!  I reorganised my sewing room a couple of weeks ago because we bought a new lounge suite for our family room, so I could finally move the red sofa bed into the sewing room and it now becomes a spare room too!



This is a photo of Emma's sewing projects over the past few months.  She finally finished her initial cushion this afternoon while I was sewing.  Her chibi doll is fabulous - I hardly helped her at all.  


No comments: