Thursday, February 17, 2011

Art Purchase


While in Narrandera today, our Ag n Chat group had a lovely lunch at the East Street Cafe which had a beautiful display of artworks for sale. I could not resist this oil on canvas painting called "Grevillea & Friends" by Catherine Stewart. As soon as I walked into the cafe it caught my eye - the gorgeous colours of green and red. It's now hanging in our front entryway. Catherine was actually Emma's art teacher last year at school but she has now retired from teaching to concentrate on her career as a professional artist.

4 comments:

A Farmer's Wife said...

I love that Donna. It is sort of Australian and botanical but abstract at the same time.

pollyemj said...

I love Catherine's artworks! And the East Street Cafe in Narrandera. I've pined over a few pieces in there but this one you've purchased is just lovely! You've reminded me I need to make the trip back there in business hours again soon.

Annette Piper said...

Love it! I'm sure you'll enjoy it :)

pollyemj said...

Such a small world Donna! Just had the same 'do you know' conversation with my farmer and he knows who Farmer Phil is too! Thanks for your comment on my blog - I've been a bit slack lately but am getting back into it! Have been enjoying yours for a few months now. Hope to see you round the district one day :)