Friday, May 25, 2012

My Favourite Cookbook


It's turned freezing cold here the last few days with today being miserable and drizzling with rain!  We should've finished cropping yesterday but it came in and rained from lunchtime on - we're not complaining because we haven't had any rain for the past 6 weeks so the 25mm we received yesterday was very welcome! 

With the cold weather here to stay I've been craving comfort food, so I dug out Julie Goodwin's "The Heart of the Home" cookbook my sister gave me for Christmas last year.  Every recipe in it is exactly what my family loves to eat - simple and tasty country food.  This week I've already made Monterey Chicken, Slow-Cooked Lamb Shanks, Quiche Lorraine, and her BBQ Rack of Lamb. 

1 comment:

BushBelles said...

I was just looking through this book today and took some recipes out of it!! Not bad, not bad at all. Bushbelles xo