Friday, April 24, 2009

Kiwiana






I received a parcel in the mail today which was a belated 40th birthday present from my gorgeous friend, Adrienne from New Zealand. Adrienne and I are friends from my 3 years at Pakuranga College during the 80's. We've kept our friendship going for 27 years but we've only seen each other twice in the past 25 years.

The parcel represents some Kiwiana which includes an apron featuring the world-famous Haka and it's words which will come in handy for the next Australia V NZ rugby game! The socks are really cute with the sheep baubles on the ankles. I can't wait to hang the Christmas decorations on the tree this year - the silver fern and pohutukawa tree. The "jandal" or thong as us Aussie's call them will be a great talking piece for my keys. And I've always loved the beautiful paua shell jewellery.
Thank you so much Adrienne - you're such a dag, and I love every single piece of Kiwiana!!

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

So glad it finally got there!!

Enjoy - thought the apron and socks would be handy for the caravan!

Anonymous said...

I imagine you were really pleased when you received that parcel. Some lovely items there, love the socks!

CJ xx