Friday, June 18, 2010

Bella Goes Walkabout!


About 6 weeks ago in the middle of cropping Bella went outside and didn't come back!

Bella was Emma's 5th birthday present so we've had her for about 9 1/2 years. She has been known to buzz off for a few days at a time, but when she was gone for a week and then two weeks I thought that we wouldn't see her again.

I received a phone call yesterday from the animal shelter in Wagga saying that they had Bella. Someone had picked her up on the road and taken her to the shelter realising she was someones pet because she was "so friendly". Luckily they did a scan and discovered she was microchipped. Of course my details came up on the computer and they contacted me.

It's quite ironic really because we bought Bella from that same shelter 9 1/2 years ago!
She's quite content having a nap on my bed at the moment and I hope the silly old goat doesn't get the urge to go walkabout again!

No comments: