Tuesday, April 12, 2011

New Old Lounge!

I finally picked up my lounge from the upholsterers yesterday. I really love it and I think it still looks like it's from the 1940's era. Check out the old lounge in my post here before it's makeover. It's more than 100% better than before!

I picked a striped velour fabric from Warwick called Brioni in Olive and a plain velour called Bond in Mocha. I think the lounge would've looked too stripey if I hadn't broken it up with the plain chocolate brown.

I also changed around the lounge/dining area so that the lounge is now against the wall and the dining table and chairs are in the bay window. This will save the fabric from fading after sitting in the sunny bay window. It's lovely to now sit at the dining table with the windows all around to look out at the surrounding farmlands.

No comments: